Long flights can be annoying for anyone, sitting in the same sit for many hours, maybe 7 in a flight from Boston, to Madrid or maybe 12 on a flight from Paris to Lima, Peru. Some trips are too long to be done with just one flight and you will even have to take a second or maybe third plane to get to your final destination. For those long trips I come up with a list of eight essentials that will help you to be ready to start the trip.
- The most important and number one thing is to bring your passport and boarding pass or any other extra document you might need. I recommend you guys to have a travel document holder, that way you will have it all together and organized. Here I leave you a link to a bunch of nice document holders you could buy for only $10 Document holders .
- My next recommendation is personal, I am the kind of person who gets cold easily and that is why a recommend you to always bring a sweater with you because. When the plane is about to take off they always put the air condition on and gets very cold in there, and even in most long international flights they give you a blanket I highly recommend bring something to put on.
- A small travel kit of toothbrush and toothpaste it is a must for long flight trips. On planes we eat and we sleep, as we do at home, so same as you brush your teeth before going to bed and when you wake up in the morning you have to brush your teeth on the plane, specially if you have an special someone waiting for you at the airport. Some planes they even give you one of these little kits that you can use if you didn’t bring one.
- If you are one of those people who love taking care of themselves, and looking perfect you should not forget a small hand lotion and chapstick that you can easily carry. I personally love l’occitane lotion they have the perfect sizes to carry on your bag and they smell great!. The reason for this is because on flights our skin gets dry and is good to moisturize it a little durning the flight.
- Always carry a pen with you, this is a small but useful object will help you out. Most countries ask you to fill out a document before entering the country, it is helpful for you to fill it out during your flight rather than when you land because it will make it easier for you to go straight to the control line at the airport instead of step on a side to fill it out. Many people do not bring pens and they have to start asking people around for a one to fill out the document.
- The food at the planes isn’t famous for being really good, actually is the oposite. Bring some of your favorite snacks with you on your carry on bag, is going to be a long flight remember.
- Remember to bring something that will entertain you, maybe your iPad to watch a movie, your headphone to listen to music or a book to read.
- Last but not least make sure you have your phone charger in case you ran out of battery and might need to charger at the airport. However not every country has the same plugs so bring a convertible with you and adapter.
Hope you take note of these tips and use them on your next trip!